S/Y Quest is a very spacious yacht. She is 64 foot length over all and 16.7 foot wide. She was built with a strong steel hull and designed specifically for sail and dive charters and features a dive deck that is very unusual for a yacht of her size. Scuba diving in the San Blas Islands is strictly prohibited however guests will still benefit from the large platform and spacious aft area.
The large cockpit is large and has fitted fully cushioned seats. This large area is covered with a sun awning as soon as we are at anchor or only sailing with the head sails. S/Y Quest is fully flushed decked with wide side decks that allow you to walk around as though you were on a vessel many times her size.
S/Y Quest takes eleven to twelve guests for Panama to Colombia sailing trips, accommodated in cabins and the saloon area.
The boat has a water-maker system allowing passengers to take unlimited fresh water showers each and every day. There are two toilets with showers with hot and cold water.
The cabins features an upper and lower seagoing comfortable bed. Each bed has an individual reading light and a shelf at the foot end for small storage as well as an individual fan.
There is storage space in a locker and under the bottom bunk. There are also two coat hooks.
All cabins have excellent ventilation with overhead deck hatches and fans, as well as ventilation through a dorade vent on deck.
The saloon seats comfortably 8 people. Open hatches and portlights admit the refreshing trade wind breezes while fans provide further ventilation.
- Length over all: 19.6 meter (64’03”)
- Length over deck: 17.9 meter (58’09”)
- Length waterline: 14.4 meter (47’03”)
- Beam: 5.1 meter (8’06”)
- Draught: 2.7 meter (8’10”)
- Displacement: 35 tons
- Hull material: Steel
- Hight of mast: 22.0 meter (72’02”)
- Sail area: Genoa 1:110 sq.m, Genoa 2: 90 sq.m, Staysail: 20 sq.m, Mainsailsail: 70 sq.m
- Engine: Perkins 150 HP 6 cyl. engine
- Generator: Whisper 380V, 16 kw generator
- Water Maker: 185 ltr / hour (4500 ltr / day)
- Fuel Capacity: 2200 liters
- Water Capacity: 2400 liters
- Grey water tank: 350 liters
- Black water tank: 350 liters
Navigation & Communication Equipment
- GPS x 2: Furuno x 2
- Chart plotter ECDIS: 17″ Flat screen
- Depth Sounder: Furuno color sounder
- Weather Fax: Furuno
- Navtex: Furuno
- Autopilot: Simrad
- Rate gyro compass: Simrad
- Magnetic compass: Cassens & Plath
- Wind instruments: Simrad
- HF / SSB radio: Icom (DSC)
- VHF radio: Icom (DSC)
- Portable VHF: Icom M71 (x2)
- Satellite phone: Iridium satellite phone with voice and data (e-mail)
- Life Raft: Viking SOLAS A-pack
- Lifejackets: 11 Lifejackets with safety harness
- Lifebuoys: 2 Lifebuoys with throwing lines + 1 Lifebuoy with DAN pole and light
- MOB: Man over board rescue sling
- Flares: Full set of flares for ocean going vessels
- EPIRB: 1 EPIRB
- VHF: VHF with DSC
- Handheld VHF: 2 x handheld waterproof VHF
- SSB: SSB with DSC
- Fire extinguishers: 4 x portable 6 kg fire extinguishers
- Fire Blanket: 2 x fire blankets, one on each side of galley
- Fire extinguishing system: Fixed total flooding fire extinguisher system (FM200) for engine room
- Smoke alarm interior: Smoke detectors through out the interior
- Fire alarm engine room: Seperate fire alarm for engine room
- First Aid Kit: 2 x First Aid Kit
- Medical Kit: Full Medical Kit according to MCA regulation MSN1768 for ocean going vessels